Stan Sulzmann – sax
Nick Smart – trumpet
Ross Stanley – organ
Tim Giles – drums
‘But a shining light of the whole attractive enterprise is the presence of Stan Sulzmann, who seems to sound more personal and hauntingly moving than ever.’ John Fordham, Jazz UK
A veteran of the UK jazz scene, Stan Sulzmann has a rich and varied career that has included playing with musicians as diverse as Kenny Wheeler, Larry Grenadier and Gwilym Simcock, as well as a prolific output as bandleader.
Highly in demand as a sideman, Stan has worked with a host of musicians, including: John Taylor, Jim Mullen, Nikki Iles, Mike Gibbs, Marc Copland, Allan Botchinksy, European Jazz Ensemble, Kit Downes, Michael Brecker and Gil Evans.
The band features Nick Smart (trumpet), Ross Stanley (organ), and Tim Giles (drums). Playing a mixture of Stan’s original tunes and cunning reworkings of standards, the band puts a contemporary spin on the jazz tradition.
Covid related info
1. There is new air conditioning in the room
2. There is perspex screen around the bar
3. We are restricting numbers to enable social distancing. We are doing this by having pre booked tickets only. No tickets on the door. This is so we don’t have to turn people away
4. Hand sanitisers will be available
5. We would encourage people to wear masks while moving around the club
6. Tables will be 1 metre apart
7. Please don’t come if you are feeling unwell or you have been contacted to self isolate